Monday, February 23, 2015

Day 6 ~ Springspiration! Logo Design for Dandelion House Flowers

White background

Dear friends, 

This is THE year I will be taking my flowers to market! We have a wonderful local farmers market here in Plymouth, MA which I am very excited to become a part of this coming summer!
I've spent the last few years " practicing" growing flowers for market in my backyard and while I'm anxious to get my hands in the dirt again and watch seedlings take root I've been spending some time thinking about my " brand". I knew I wanted something that felt nostalgic and romantic cause that's how I feel when I'm in my garden, but I also wanted it to have a FARM FRESH feeling too. I love how it turned out and can't wait to order up my labels for bouquets and business cards as well as a large banner and car door magnet so I can flaunt my flowers this summer! 

Cream background

  I am obsessed with antique/vintage seed packet art and botanical drawings so I used that as a spring-board for my own design. I have a board on pinterest devoted to this beautiful art form. 



I don't have Adobe Illustrator ( yet ) so I farmed this project out to a talented friend who does graphic art for a living. I simply sent her a link to my seed packet art board for inspiration and she created my new logo for the farmers market in just a few short days. As much as I love creating things, having her do this for me saved me a lot of time and allowed me to make the deadline for the add space I reserved in our local Edible South Shore and South Coast magazine. Nearly every state has one. It's the go to publication for all things local farms, food AND FLOWERS too! 

If you've been sitting on the fence about taking your " farm goods " to market nothing will get you motivated more than " branding" your business and buying add space! I'm all in now!

I would love to know, how many of you sell your homemade goods at YOUR farmers market or garden shows!Tell me all about it!

Oh, and what do ya think of my logo?


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...