Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sewing Party Week # 3~ Calling all Sewing Goddesses!

 
MaryJanesFarm
Is that the humming of sewing machines I'm hearing? I thought so! This week I'm sharing ( yet another ) Up-cycled project from my archives. This week I'm sharing ( yet another ) UP-cycled sewing project from my archives. Can you guess what it might be called? Here, I'll give you a little hint... You can keep clothes in it... dirty clothes, clothes that you might wear while on an adventure. A camping, no wait, a GLAMPING adventure with your best girlfriends.
My project is a Glamper Hamper! Just a little pretty to toss your glamping party dress into after the campfire burns out.

 I created it from an old wire hamper that I bought on Ebay.
First I spray painted it off white.
 Then, I gathered up some burlap, and some vintage hankies, doilies and some pretty natural colored grosgrain ribbon. 
I simply sewed a sack out of the burlap and applied the pretty vintage hankie with a simple top stitch on my machine turning down the top edges 1/2 inch for a finished look.
 I hand stitched the crochet doily onto the center of the hankie. 
I pinned the ribbon pieces where I wanted them to be and stitched them on with my machine then tied it to the wire basket!

 Wa la! A Glamper Hamper!

When it didn't sell in my vintage booth after a couple of months I knew just where it was meant to be. I packaged it up and sent it right out to MaryJane ( MaryJanesFarm ). It was the perfect addition to her beautiful Shabby white Re-vamped Airstream Glamper she calls, Lily.
 The photo above was taken by one of their talented farm photographers. Maybe even Maryjane! 

I absolutely loved every project you all shared last week! Let's do it again, shall we?

Calling all Sewing Goddesses! 
Starting today and every Tuesday in the month of May we'll meet here each week and keep each other in stitches!

NO RULES
Share anything you've sewn with your own two hands in any category.
 Here are some examples to get your juices flowing!
Aprons, Clothes, Crafts, Curtains, Table Cloths, Runners,Tea Towels, Quilts, Home Decor Projects, DIY and more!

Plus there will be a surprise GIVEAWAY along the way!

Who's in stitches this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...