Monday, April 22, 2013

Pick'n Good Garden Art

Blooming Bathtub
Happy Earth Day friends! What better way to celebrate this important day of awareness than looking for new ways to GO GREEN IN THE GARDEN? My pickin' friend Kelly, from " out west " is doing her part to GREEN up her Garden with no poisons, or nasty pesticides in sight! Her re-claimed bathtub is bubbling over with giant Geraniums and sweet alyssum. 
 

 Kelly hosted my cousin's baby shower at her house and I couldn't help but notice her farmgirl green touches in every corner of her yard ( and inside too ). Here she is perched next to her vintage Tea Pot Tree in her cactus garden. Turns out she's been collecting them for years.  Kelly ( and her talented hubby Billy ) have caught the Up -cycling fever and like many of us  they have rooms stuffed to the gills with " projects in waiting ". They're on the look out for the perfect location for their new shop in Reno or Sparks Nevada. 

Kelly and her Tea Pot Tree
Milk Cans

Everyone needs a corner sink in the garden, don' t cha think?


Old rusty bed frames and gates make the perfect trellis for climbing plants.

 

How about a vintage sewing machine propped in the garden as a reminder to sew seeds of kindness and creativity where ever you go?



  This not so snowy snowman made from misc parts is a reminder that temperatures can still drop bringing a chilling end to a sunny warm day.  


That's where this old wood stove comes in to play... Toss in a log, sit back and relax and let your creativity sprout in your GREEN garden yard too! 

 Aren't these some great GREEN ideas? 
Which one is your favorite? I know! It's hard to " pick "! 

What's the coolest UPCYCLED garden art you've seen or created, or would like to create? 

Linking to:

16 comments:

Country Gal said...

Wonderful post and photos ! I do like the bathtub garden soo cute ! Thanks for sharing ! Laters !

Julia said...

Very fun! Love all her creative nooks!

Willow said...

We have an upcycled old water pump that is beautiful in the garden. Today I felt blessed to be in the garden grounded with Mother Earth.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love every one of these creative recycling ideas. My favorite has to be the snowman!!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love them all - I have an old bathtub in my garage waiting to be dragged out and planted!
Kelly

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Deb, Love it all! Very inspiring.

Michelle said...

Talk about eye candy. It had to be a blast just strolling thru her yard.

Annie's Journal said...

Witty:)

daisy g said...

The mason jar with the blooms poppin' up has to be my fav!

Unknown said...

I love your planted tub. I have a farm and love to recycle old things in different ways. susan @ throughmyporchwindow.blogspot.com

Cindylee said...

I think my favorite one here is the corner sink...Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Fun ideas - I really liked that tea pot tree! I recently took some old metal chicken coop containers and turned them into hanging planters. Fun Stuff that makes us smile is a good thing. -Carole

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I wanted to use the old cast iron claw foot tub of my brother in law's to make a planter but he may(MAY) use it someday. He currently lives on a boat so I'm thinking some day may never come. I've got to figure out a plan.

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

What a fun yard! I have plants in a tub just like that and I've always wanted to use old doors to make a screen but just haven't done it yet. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Transformed Tuesday.

Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Designs

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

So much fun eye candy here :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! what a creative mind!! I don't think that anyone would have ever thought of decorating the garden like this!! Bravo!
http://www.home2garden.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Garden_Planters_103.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...