Thursday, July 5, 2012

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 65


Welcome one and all to your favorite down home blog hop! Farmgirl Friday week 65# is here and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have all been up to this week! I'm guessing there were a few cookouts, maybe a picnic or two and plenty of fun celebrating America's birthday! We spent time at the cottage and took part in our annual beach parade! Here are a few shots from the fourth, BEACH STYLE!

Our beach community got a new/donated fire truck this year!

My sis in law is hiding from me behind the truck in her birthday crown!
Here she is all dolled up ( with a Happy Birthday theme ) for the annual fourth of July parade that takes place on the beach.


Aren't we a lucky bunch to live in America, the land of the free? So blessed are we that men and women have and will continue to fight for our freedom.This to me is the beauty and the gift of being an American. America is a prosperous nation and her people are generous and caring.This weeks Featured Farmgirl Mary of Back to Basics Blog has gone out of her way to help others by creating a cookbook where some of the proceeds are donated to help people in need... It's called : Mary's REAL FOOD Cookbook  and there's still time to order!


 In Mary's words: 
Picture
To me, real food means homemade.  It's simple, healthy food with an occasional decadent dessert.
The book would not be complete with out Great-Grandma's 14 Karat Cake.  Recipes include a mix of traditional, exotic, light and sinful all in one compact book.  The cookbooks are 6"x 9" Eco-friendly, with a certified Forest Stewardship Council printer using high quality 100 lb silk finish paper and lay-flat spiral binding.


I chose to donate to Feeding America because "Out of every dollar donated, 98.4 cents goes directly to feed the hungry. With nearly 49 million Americans struggling with hunger, it is going to take efforts from many people to help alleviate this issue."


I think this is a lovely idea! Good job Mary! Now, on with the hop!

Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!


Have a great week everyone and thank you so much for all you share here every Friday! 



Farmgirl Blessings to all and God Bless America!







16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Linky won't let my link up even though I have a link back here. I've never seen one of those that require the back link to actually work. Here's my post.

http://edenhills.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/chocolate-chunk-soap-2/

Mary Smith said...

I had the same issue. I made Basil Lemonade this week!
http://maryshealthymeals.blogspot.com/2012/07/simple-basil-lemonade.html

Unknown said...

Hi girls! I think I fixed it.. it accepted my entry! Please try again...
Thanks so much!
Deb

Nancy said...

Looks like a fabulous 4th. Thank you for hosting, Deborah.

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for the note! Happy Weekend!

Robyn said...

Hey Deborah! I linked up my Purple Cone Flower pictures. The prairie flowers have not been very vibrant this year because of the dry conditions.

Looks like you had a good 4th!

A Daughter of the King said...

Deborah, I just wanted to say, "Thank you." Each of your posts come to my kitchen, bringing joy to my heart and smiles to my face. Thanks also for the Farmgirl Friday blog hop, where I have made new friends and learned so many things from talented people. Blessings!

Bridget7575 said...

Thanks for the invite to link up! Following you back from What's Cooking in the Burbs. Have a great weekend!

Paula said...

Looks like you had a lovely 4th! The cookbook sounds yummy too. My kind of cooking. Hope you are staying cool, it is so hot up here.

Unknown said...

Hi Robyn! They are still so lovely. Thank you for sharing them!

Unknown said...

Dear Daughter of the King,
Thank you for your kind words... I'm so glad these pages bring a little sunshine into your kitchen and your heart! You are so right about the Farmgirl Friday Community... They are all very sweet and over the top talented! Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

Hi Bridget! You're welcome! Glad you could make it...:)Hope to see you often!

Unknown said...

Howdy Paula, We did, thanks! it's hot here too... We've got the air on today! Inside staying cool! You do the same! Mary's cookbook is wonderful!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Hello Deborah Jean: Thank you for hosting the blog hop today! We had a quiet and uneventful 4th, which was fine with me. All our cats but one were fine with all the fireworks, but our black kitty didn't like it much, so he stuck pretty close by us for most of the evening. Your beach photos are beautiful--how lovely to celebrate the 4th at the beach. Take care, and have a great weekend!

Beth in NC said...

I'm late, I'm late, but I made it! :o) Love the parade shots. We were in the mountains on the 4th -- probably a little cooler than where you celebrated.

If you read my post though, you will see we can't say it is cool here.

Thanks for hosting this. It is a lot of fun!

Blessings!
Beth

Jenni@MomEssentials.Net said...

Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of healthy, fabulously tasty, frozen yogurt!
Here’s the link: http://www.momessentials.net/fabulous-family-frozen-yogurt/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...