Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall is Everywhere in New England!


It's starting to look a lot like Christmas Fall in New England! Local Farmstands and Nurseries are brimming with fall bounty. It's mums, pumkins, and cornstalks galore out there!


I've been too busy painting inside ( this lovely creamy white color you see above ) to decorate for fall just yet, but it's fall at every turn outside!







Last week we went and picked our pumpkins for carving ,decorating and baking at our favorite local farmstand.  They had a decent year despite a cool May and June and the deer that got to several acres of their specialty pumpkins.




We scooped up some of the last of their sweet corn on the cob!

They had an amazing selection of pumpkins and  gourds!




Who are these heathens running away with the garden cart? O.k. I'll admit it, they belong to me!


Here's to getting out and grabbing all of fall you can get your hands on!



Leave me a note and tell me, what's fall look like in your area?

6 comments:

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Oh Deb,
I just love this post. Your cart-nappers are adorable, the pumpkins are so warm and welcoming. The farm images make me want to close my eyes and breathe in a little pumpkin spice and warm cider. I really like that Standish White paint chip too. I am preparing to do some painting around here. Have a GREAT week.

Country Gal said...

Awesome photos. Love the kids running away with the wagon lol. Fall here looks pretty much the same as there , we have beautiful colours in the trees, leaves on the ground and the air is cool and fresh and the sun shines with an orange glow houses , shops amd farmers markets are decorated for fall. This weekend is a long weekend for us here in Canada its our Thanksgiving ! Have a wonderful day !

KatB said...

Spring and fall are my favorite times of the year - thank you for the gorgeous pictures! I live in Michigan, so we get the vibrant leaf colors, too, but I've always wanted to visit New England in the fall and go "leaf peeping." :)

Candy C. said...

Jeez, we're still pretty much in the grip of summer here! It is supposed to cool down to the mid-to-high 70s by the end of the week though. Love all your pictures! :)

Brenda said...

We were having some nice cooler fall weather and then it started getting hot during the day this week. But the leaves are starting to turn. There is one large tree I see every morning on the way to work that is just beautiful as the sun rises. I have been meaning to take my camera with me and stop to take a picture before the leaves start falling. Have a great fall weekend. Love the color you are painting!

Teresa said...

What a fun fall post! I love seeing all the pumpkins. Mine did not do well this year, but I'm going to try to make the most of them. I'm still picking Indian corn and have lots of popcorn to pick too. Nice to see your kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...